You have been working on a new update of the template? Great! Here is how to process to release it, you should:
1. Update the changelog
When writing the changelog please make sure you are following the existing conventions. The input supports markdown. A great way to get started is to check how the top-selling items of the store handle it. A few key rules:
- Typography/heading levels
- Active vs. passive form. Use the active form for the bullet point changes, but the passive form for the highlight summary (I rarely see one)
- double-check the final rendered value on the store, there are often surprised when the content is converted from markdown to HTML
Make sure you double-check how the content is rendered on the customer-facing page, you can have surprises.
2. Update the version number & date
3. Update each product's variant with the new .zip archives
When updating your template's "Downloadable files" section:
- Only modify the existing file entries.
Do not press the "Delete" button to remove a file. If you do, it will prevent customers that purchased the item less than 12 months ago to access the update, as they should normally be able to.
- Keep the current version of the item in the name of the downloadable files. It helps customers determine if they can leverage a new update
4. Keep the item page up to date
Please make sure your item's page still follows the guidelines.