We believe that a simple, straightforward approach will benefit everyone so there are two, simple tiers to our commission structure. You need to distinguish between items that are solved exclusive and non-exclusive:
- Non-exclusive: You earn 50%
- Exclusive: You earn 70%
What is exclusivity?
Non-exclusive items are what you sell elsewhere as well - other marketplaces, your personal website, etc.
If you change your distribution method, please let us know as soon as possible at email@example.com so we can adjust it for you.
Does exclusivity extend to related items?
Yes. The exclusive distribution extends the following dimensions:
- Item versions. Items that appear to be different versions of the same product line. Item versions might differ in their style, feature set, name, or target audience, but appear to end-users to be connected or related in some way. For example:
- MyItem Lite
- MyItem Pro
- MyItem v2
- [Item Formerly Known as MyItem]
- Item + add-ons. A core item and its add-on components, where the add-ons are designed to enhance or extend the core item, and only work in conjunction with the core item (not standalone). Example: a Dashboard template and a design system library that extends it with the same design and code components.
- Multi React UI library ports. Items that have been ported from MUI to work with another React UI library (or framework). MUI is all-in into React.
The exclusive distribution doesn't extend to the following dimensions:
- Multiplatform ports. Items that have been ported to work on other platforms or with other software/technologies. For example Bootstrap and Vue.
Commissions are subject to payment processing fees (Stripe/PayPal), we share them between the platform and the authors at the same percentage as we share the sales.
Commissions will be settled in USD.
Commissions are subject to all chargebacks, refunds, fraudulent transactions, canceled licenses, overpayment deductions, reasonable expenses to enforce the agreement, in addition to relevant government taxes, VAT, and/or withholdings, at the sole discretion of MUI Store.
The contributor agreement: https://mui.com/store/contributor-agreement/ contains more details.
Please sign in to leave a comment.